The objective of the Smart Economic Planning and Industrial Policy (SEPIP) Conference is to bring together researchers, practitioners, regulators and policy makers from the globe with a view to share results of academic studies, exchange views, share experiences and discuss fresh ideas on industrial policy, economic planning and related contemporary tools to support economic development and national competitiveness.
SEPIP2015 was organized by Center for Industrial Policy and Development, Istanbul Commerce University.
This year, SEPIP 2019 will be organized at Ostim Technical University. It will have two compacts:
SEPIP 2019 Conference
SEPIP aims at developing a platform that enables participants
The first conference, SEPIP 2014, was held on June 4, 2014 at Istanbul Commerce University, with collaboration of University of Virginia, University of Parma, and National University of Singapore. It attracted great interest and there was a wide range of attendance to the conference from academicians as well as policy makers and practitioners.
SEPIP 2019 features prominent economists under the theme of ‘Technological Upgrading, Tertiary Training and Manufacturing ’
SEPIP 2019 Autumn Work-Shop
The workshop is organized with the collaboration of UNCTAD. This year the workshop will be organized by OSTİM Technical University as 3rd one. The previous workshop was organized by UNCTAD in Kampala – Uganda.
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
• Deadline for applications: 26 July 2019. There are limited number of seats available. Early applications are encouraged as eligible participants will be selected on a first come-first serve basis.
• Application and registration are at the link SEPIP 2019 Application Form with an accompanying email to email@example.com including the applicant’s (i) CV and (ii) a cover letter briefly stating the reasons of interest in participation.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee with respect to the relevance of the Workshop to the applicant’s background, current job and functions, previous participation in relevant training/courses, language proficiency, and a number of other criteria.
• Please be notified that cross-registration is possible and participants can participate in both events.
• Participation fee for the workshop is €125. Financial assistance may be provided for travel and accommodation expenses (excluding dinners) to a small number applicants on an availability basis.