SEPIP 2019 Conference and Workshop
The objective of the Smart Economic Planning and Industrial Policy (SEPIP) Conference is to bring together researchers, practitioners, regulators and policy makers from the globe with a view to share results of academic studies, exchange views, share experiences and discuss fresh ideas on industrial policy, economic planning and related contemporary tools to support economic development and national competitiveness.
SEPIP is organized by Center for Industrial Policy and Development, Istanbul Commerce University.
This year, SEPIP 2019 will be organized at Ostim Technical University. It will have two compacts:
- SEPIP 2019 Conference (15 October 2019)
- International Autumn School and Workshop - Applied Industrial Policy Theory, Empirics and Instruments for Effective Policy Design (16-17 October 2019)
SEPIP 2019 Conference
SEPIP aims at developing a platform that enables participants
- to discuss economic development at national and regional levels and the role of industrial policy and planning;
- to compare early theoretical and practical motivations for national;
- development planning with those now emerging in the globalized world economy;
- to present real-world experiences in industrial policy and planning by international scholars with firsthand experience;
- to discuss new tools and approaches to development such as physical infrastructure planning, industrial policy and cluster policy.
The first conference, SEPIP 2014, was held on June 4, 2014 at Istanbul Commerce University, with collaboration of University of Virginia, University of Parma, and National University of Singapore. It attracted great interest and there was a wide range of attendance to the conference from academicians as well as policy makers and practitioners.
SEPIP 2019 features prominent economists under the theme of ‘Technological Upgrading, Tertiary Training and Manufacturing ’
- Vocational training
- Industry - university collaboration
- Economic valuation of industrial processes
- Dr. Motigishe Itoh, Gaukushin University
- Dr. Eric Verhoogen, Columbia University
- Dr. Johannes Wissema, The author of Third Generation University
- Dr. Franco Mosconi, Università degli Studi di Parma
- Piergiuseppe Fortunato, UNCTAD
- Vivienne Yeda, East African Development Bank
- Richard Newfarmer, International Growth Center
SEPIP 2019 Autumn Work-Shop
The workshop is organized with the collaboration of UNCTAD. This year the workshop will be organized by OSTİM Technical University as 3rd one. The previous workshop was organized by UNCTAD in Kampala – Uganda.
REGISTRATION AND PARTICIPATION
• Deadline for applications: 26 July 2019. There are limited number of seats available. Early applications are encouraged as eligible participants will be selected on a first come-first serve basis.
• Application and registration are at the link https://www.ostimteknik.edu.tr/smart-economic-planningindustrial-policy-icerik-183 with an accompanying email to email@example.com including the applicant’s (i) CV and (ii) a cover letter briefly stating the reasons of interest in participation.
• Applications will be reviewed by the Selection Committee with respect to the relevance of the Workshop to the applicant’s background, current job and functions, previous participation in relevant training/courses, language proficiency, and a number of other criteria.
• Participation fee for the workshop is €125. Financial assistance may be provided for travel and accommodation expenses (excluding dinners) to a small number applicants on an availability basis.