Graduate of the program shall;
- Know the basic concepts used in economics, the relations between concepts, economic theories, the functioning mechanisms of the economy and the development processes of economies over time.
- Know how to obtain economic data and the research methods for processing and evaluating the obtained data by using various computer programs when necessary.
- Follow current developments in national and international macroeconomic conjuncture and world economic relations and can suggest economic policies to be used in case of economic problems.
- Acquire the capacity to conduct individual research on the field, interpret the results, and compare them with theoretical propositions.
- Scrutinize and interpret all kinds of knowledge in the field of economics, including theoretical and statistical information, through analysis within the framework of cause-effect relationships.
- Present solutions and opinions about the problems analyzed by supporting them with qualitative and quantitative data, use an analytical language, and support the used approach with visual and graphical materials.
- Gain advanced skills in software and programming languages that assist analysis in the econometric field and can adapt to new software and programming languages
- Support the acquired theoretical knowledge of economics with econometric and statistical calculations, analyze and evaluate phenomenon using software and programming languages within the framework of analytical thinking.
- Develop the ability to analyze unexpected and complex problems to be encountered during professional practice, can take responsibility as an individual or team member for solving the problem, and take initiative when necessary.
- Develop critical thinking and produce solutions on policy issues by adapting the theoretical and analytical knowledge to different conceptual frameworks.
- Exhibit approaches that will adapt to the speed of globalization, innovations and technological developments.
- Having an entrepreneurial spirit, develop original and innovative ideas, solution proposals and assume responsibility.
- Pay maximum attention to social responsibilities, ethical sensitivities and legal framework in theoretical and practical studies.
- Communicate with peers, colleagues, co-workers, employees and managers with common sense, empathy and situational awareness.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, senior managers and the market, both in mother tongue and in at least one foreign language (English).